Students at Essendon North Primary School undertake a Camps’ Program from Prep to Year 6. The school’s camping program is integral to the overall learning program, and the personal and social development for every child.
Students progress from spending an evening at school to a four night / five day year level camp. Each year, students build upon their personal and social skills in an outdoor setting. The program promotes independence, cooperation and student leadership.
Each camp is carefully selected to provide students with adventure, challenge and team building in a variety of outdoor learning environments. The program encourages the participation and active involvement of all our students.
The school’s camping schedule is:
- Preps participate in a fun night at school
- Year 1 students participate in a sleep over
- Year 2 students attend an overnight camp in the country
- Year 3/4 students alternate each year with a beach and country camp
- Year 5 students camp for three nights at Lake Nillahcootie
- Year 6 students participate in a five day surf camp to Point Leo at the start of every year