ENPS Community Code of Conduct
Essendon North Primary School is a place that promotes excellence where all students, staff and family members have the right to be safe, and feel safe, in their school community.
The community has developed a Code of Conduct that is intended to provide guidelines for the effective development of positive and constructive relationships between all members of the school community. The following are the principles that provide the framework for this Code of Conduct:
- All members of the school community are to be treated with respect and dignity.
- Responsible citizenship involves appropriate participation in the civic life of the school community.
- Active and engaged members are aware of their rights but, more importantly, they accept responsibility for protecting their rights and the rights of others.
- Members of the school community are expected to use non‐violent and non-abusive means to resolve any conflict.
- Insults, disrespect, and other hurtful acts disrupt learning and teaching in the school community.
- Members of the school community have a responsibility to maintain an environment where conflict and differences can be addressed in a manner characterised by respect and civility to all others.
The Code of Conduct is a guide for all members of the School Community about the standards of conduct that are acceptable in the school environment, or when attending any official or social function, or activity, of or relating to the school, or in any location at which the school is represented.